African Export Import Bank (Afreximbank) was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade.
The Bank, headquartered in Cairo, the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt, commenced operations on 30 September, 1994, following the signature of a Headquarters Agreement with the host Government in August, 1994. It has branch offices in Harare, Abuja and Abidjan and will open an East Africa branch office shortly.
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for the position below:
Job Title: Digital Communications Manager (PAPSS)
Reference Number: RSBBLR011
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Working time: Full Time
Pan African Payment and Settlement System (PAPSS)
- The Pan African Payment and Settlement System (PAPSS) is the first centralized payment market infrastructure for processing, clearing and settling of intra-African trade and commerce payments
- PAPSS is an arm of the African Export- Import Bank (Afreximbank), which is a pan-African multilateral financial institution, established in 1993 for the purpose of financing and promoting intra and extra African trade. Afreximbank operates and manages PAPSS.
- PAPSS is now ready to start operations and is looking for experienced individuals, who are innovative, entrepreneurial and imbued with the passion and commitment to transform Africa through trade.
Digital and Creative:
- Manage PAPSS website, content updates and ensure digital assets are designed in line with PAPSS branding guidelines; develop or collaborate with web developers to build or redesign and sustain PAPSS website.
- Ensure website is compliant with responsive design and mobile first best practices.
- Design, build and maintain PAPSS social media presence and social media updates and interactions.
- Develop or work with relevant functional areas to develop ideas that will be used across various platforms to support product penetration strategies, customer engagements and campaigns.
- Design, and produce digital branding and marketing materials for dissemination through multiple points of presence as well as executive-quality presentations.
- Maintain the appearance of the PAPSS website and digital social media platforms by enforcing content standards
- Design and develop digital layouts, graphics, animation and videos to support PAPSS digital media communication and engagement strategy including through PAPSS website.
- Design and implement Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social, search, and email campaigns
- Maintain PAPSS user community forum on the PAPSS website.
- Design, execute, analyze and optimize on-going A/B and multivariate tests.
- Maintain relevant activity on all social media accounts, including Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, and relevant industry community sites
- Oversee the public communication activities, including press releases on the website and other marketing channels or points of presence.
- Manage the production and distribution of digital marketing materials (i.e. print, video)
- Work with internal product teams to ensure compliance of all marketing materials to design principles.
- Assist with the dealing of mass media and communication issues
- Assist in managing media-related reputational risks.
- Assist with the organization of promotional events to strengthen partnerships and build brand awareness.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- First Degree in Business, Marketing Communication, Digital Media, Communication, Graphic Design or a related field plus a Postgraduate Degree.
- A relevant professional qualification could be considered in lieu of a Postgraduate Degree.
- 8+ years of related job experience. Prior start-up or agency experience is a bonus and strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in digital media work, and visual communication and design.
- Proficient in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Hands on experience with the Google Suite of Solutions (AdWords, Display Network, Google Tag Manager, Google
- Analytics etc.), Facebook Business Manager, MailChimp (or other email platforms).
- Comfortable designing and executing campaigns on Facebook, LinkedIn Instagram, Twitter and other relevant social media platforms.
- Experience maintaining website and social media platforms and developing a range of marketing materials / content for community or business audiences.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively: analyze, synthesize, recommend and take actions
- Previous marketing or user acquisition and growth experience proliferating consumer facing digital products and services is an asset.
- Expert communication, presentation, and material preparation skills
- A passion for growth marketing and driving customer adoption
- Strong written and oral communication in English. Bi-lingual (English and French) is an advantage.
Benefits and Contractual Information
- USD tax exempt salary.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to “Robin Botha” at: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.